Customer Support Apprentice
SPTS Technologies Ltd
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Basis: Full time
How to apply:
Closing date: 31 May 2021
SPTS Technologies, a KLA company, designs, manufactures and markets wafer processing solutions for the global semiconductor and related industries. SPTS provides industry leading etch and deposition process technologies on a range of single wafer handling platforms. End-market applications include micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, LED, high speed RF device IC’s and power semiconductors. SPTS is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
SPTS wafer processing solutions include market-leading silicon etch, dielectric etch, dry-release etch, PVD, PECVD and molecular vapor deposition (MVD®), available with a range of wafer-handling options applicable to R&D, pilot production, or volume production environments. SPTS is headquartered and has its main manufacturing facility in Newport, UK, with additional manufacturing in Allentown, Pennsylvania. SPTS operates across 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and offers comprehensive service and spare parts support through a worldwide network of service centers and qualified local agents.
We are calling for innovative and curious apprentices to join the 3-year Apprenticeship in the Northern Europe Customer Support Team!
Not only will we offer you an extensive 3-year apprenticeship program but you will be welcomed into the team and continue your development supported by your SPTS mentor.
Through a variety of assignments and on-the-job training, the day-to-day duties will include, but not limited to the following:
• Mechanical/Electrical assembly and wiring semiconductor equipment
• Fault finding and troubleshooting
• Operation and process engineering of semiconductor equipment
• Successful completion of NVQ logbook entries by the required timelines and an ONC and HNC in Electronics.
• Extensive international travel once qualified, some limited travel likely during the apprenticeship.
• Year 1 – Second year ONC Electronics on day release at college, on the job training which will include an introduction to mechanical and electrical build, plus testing of SPTS equipment
• Year 2 – First year HNC Mechatronics on day release at college, on the job training which will include an introduction to operation, maintenance and system processes
• Year 3 – Second year HNC Mechatronics on day release at college, on the job training which will include trips to customer sites while shadowing a qualified engineer
Skills & attributes:
We are looking for results-oriented individuals who are passionate about learning and developing a successful career within SPTS. The successful candidate must:
• Work to tight timescales
• Demonstrate problem solving/trouble-shooting skills
• Be a standout team-member, who is flexible on working as a part of a group, but also on their own initiative
• Demonstrate good communication capabilities
• Be computer literate
• Be self-motivated
Qualification and/or Experience
• Five GCSE’s including Mathematics, English and a science at grade C or above
• First year of ONC or similar course in electronics/electrical
SPTS’s benefits package includes:
Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, life assurance, international travel, subsidised canteen, free on-site parking.