MM Engineered Solutions Limited
Location: Port Talbot & Cardiff
Hours: Full time
Basis: Full Time
Salary: £28,762 to £31,411 per annuum
How to apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role is to help MME change its management processes and organisational
culture to scale the business to continue to grow and meet increasing customer
demands and position MME to achieve its 5 years post-project profit targets
and strategic aims.
MME’s vision for the future has three stages that are linked to stages 2, 3 & 4
of the mKTP workplan:
Firstly, to lead a systems improvement strategy across several key product
development areas, while significantly increasing capacity for R&D and
innovation and in-house empowerment and upskilling for management and
existing staff. This will be achieved by working collaboratively with project teams
to co-develop and implement a capability model to meet MME strategic aims.
Secondly, to improve management strategy planning, improved company- wide
product-based process planning, articulating a scaling-up plan/expansion
strategy and the development of an automation integration plan. It is planned
that this will be accomplished through the co-creation of bespoke models (agiledriven project management office (a-PMO) and integrated material
requirements planning (i-MRP) for MME.
Thirdly, to create headroom that will allow the company to develop new
products, enter new markets and continue to grow, by embedding tailored aPMO and i-MRP models for continuous process improvement and
standardisation, and adaptive product development life cycle and review.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to work with
one of Wales’ leaders in flood defence designs, manufacturing and
installation, with the support and expertise of a multi-disciplinary team
from Cardiff School of Management, Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take overall responsibility for the delivery of the mKTP project
- Help to embed and implement agile project management office (a-PMO)
and integrated material requirements planning (i-MRP) models with
existing project management software for continuous process
improvement and standardisation including training of staff.
- Review the current product ranges and their position in the marketplace,
including reviewing the current design, manufacturing and product
development capabilities of the company.
- Investigate the potential for optimisation of the design, manufacture, and
installation of the existing integrated material requirements planning (iMRP) software and newly developed products. This will include using a
range of design and analysis software tools (e.g. Process Modelling
Software) as required.
- Throughout the project the Associate will work with the academic and
company supervisors to disseminate the project findings at seminars and
workshops in Wales and the UK; in addition to co-authoring academic
papers for conferences and journals.
- Provide a progress report for presentation at Local Management
Committee (LMC) meetings.
- Manage the Associate Support budget associated with the mKTP Project.
Convene and lead monthly technical meetings to discuss progress, targets
- Provide a 360-degree view of the key operational activities (procurement,
supply chain, automation, marketing) which will ensure that all MME staff
are engaged in the delivery of the intended outcomes and the benefits of
- Adhere to all confidentiality, IPR, IIP, Research Ethics, health and safety procedures etc, established within the Company and Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Provide robust research design and data management tools to synthesise
relevant research design that will be used to address the identified
- Complete a periodic formative and final summative report while tracking
and quantifying the benefits that have been achieved prior to the agreed
end of the mKTP programme.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably assigned by the Knowledge Base
Supervisor/ Company Base Supervisor.
Skills & attributes:
- The ability to develop administrative procedures, policies, and practice, and to develop ideas to improve these services.
- Ability to conduct operational analytics and research, interpret data and make recommendations
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate and relate to a variety of professionals at different levels through reports, in meetings or by presentations
- Organisational and time management skills